A smooth, creamy and gut health promoting soup, this cauliflower and cashew based recipe is also keto friendly. High in protein and fibre and low in carbs, this recipe provides optimal gut health through aiding digestion and supporting the elimination of toxins from the body. It also provides vitamin C, manganese and vitamin E which are potent antioxidants helping to keep our immune systems in tact.
- About 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2-3 leeks, white and very light green parts, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ cup raw, unsalted, unroasted cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika (or more to taste)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
Chop the cauliflower and leeks, place on a baking tray with the garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
Place in the heated oven and roast until lightly browned.
Add 1 cup of water and the cashews into the blender, blend until completely smooth, add the roasted veg to the cashews.
Add another cup of water and blend until desired consistency is reached, add water as necessary.
Season to taste, add a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.